Thursday, March 15, 2012

Miles Davis Septet at Berliner Jazztage


As far as I know, this Miles Davis' Berlin concert from 1983 has never been released in any format and prior to this post, it didn't exist in the online world. I just remember sharing it with a Miles Davis collector at some point, but now the whole recording is here on this blog. 90 minutes of some exciting music.

I don't know exactly where this set is coming from, maybe recorded off a radio or TV broadcast but if you wonder how I got hold of it, I owe owning and listening this rare gem to one of my Berliner friends and this is not the only great stuff he generously shared with me.

The source was on a 90-minute audio cassette, and the music was recorded on both sides. I present it here exactly the same. The audio file remains untouched.

BERLIN JAZZTAGE
10/29/1983
Miles Davis (tp, syn) Bill Evans (ss, ts, fl) Robert Irving (syn) John Scofield (g) Darryl Jones (el-b) Al Foster (d) Mino Cinelu (per).


6 comments:

  1. Great quality, excellent music indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely terrific, thanks!
    Arvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there live. Great ...
    Helward
    Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! Especially that blues starting at 12:57.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exelent ! Puissant ! Précis ! Al Foster est exeptionnel! In des grands live de MD après son retour!

    ReplyDelete